Thursday, April 30, 2009
I'm working on a series for my Painting final right now. It's sort of impromptu painting/unaware collaboration. I'm taking paintings that students have abandoned that my prof still has. Then I'm painting over them, but I'm leaving parts of the original paintings showing.

As for the impromptu part... one of my goals for the semester was not to think too hard. I get worked up/worried over how projects to turn out. It's more fun just to let things happen.

So for one I'm painting over using one of my favorite webcomics - Penny Arcade - as inspiration. Twisp and Catsby are two of the best non-sequitur characters ever. Here I'm using their first appearance (check out the comic



Still a bit to do, but I'm happy with it so far. I can't wait to finish it.


Twisp & Catsby are  © 1998-2009 Penny Arcade, Inc.

Labels: , ,

posted by Janelle at 11:58 PM |



0 Comments: